Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Quitter

I've decided to quit smoking. Yes, again. Stop laughing. This time around, I decided to use the patch. I decided that if I could break the habit of doing, then I'd have a better chance of getting rid of the nicotine addiction. One step at a time, right?

Anyway, last night I put on the first patch. Tonight as I got ready for my shower, I removed that patch. The skin underneath is covered in a rash. I have a little square rash right on the back of my shoulder. This made me think that I shouldn't put another patch on. I read the label, and it said that you should stop using the patch if the rash doesn't go away within 4 days. Now, it didn't mention anywhere on the box the fact that you'd probably get a rash. It mentioned headaches and vivid dreams, but no rash. So, I googled it. Turns out the rash is entirely common and will go way within a day. Seems like that's an important bit of information that just wasn't given to me at the appropriate time. Good thing it's sweater weather.

But the patch seems to work. I haven't really wanted a cigarette all day. Until now. You see, this is the time of the night when both kids are in bed, but I'm still awake. This is usually when I waste time smoking. But tonight, I have to waste time other ways. This probably means I'll be blogging a lot more. You will all be treated with the random shit that goes through my mind while I'm cleaning and playing board games with the kids. Like tonight, when I spent a good bit of time wondering exactly why kids can't hear curse words. Interesting, no? At least when I finally go insane, you'll all have seen it coming. (Shut up. I am not already insane.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're not insane, just NOT nice!

Angel said...

good luck with the patch thingie...I have never smoked so I don't know what it's like to quit, but I've seen my mom quit lots of times! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

If it gets too bad, Tripp can get you some Magic Dust.

Kara said...

Crap!! They can't hear curse words?? I'm in deep shit.
Congrats on quitting!!!

Miss Devylish said...

You could also read.. or learn to knit.. or hey.. learn a language! Then teach it to the kids so they can cuss but now in sign or something. Who does that offend but the deaf who can't hear it anyway!