Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Boy Are Different

I have a little trouble communicating with my boy. I try and try to understand what it is that goes on inside his head, but I just can't. I think that the problem is that he's 6 and he's male. Eventually the issues that come with being 6 will disappear, but the issues with being male....well, that won't go away. Unless there's surgery involved. And even then, I'm not sure that anything would change in his mental process. Boys just think differently than girls. Let me give you an example.

Last night, as I was going to my room to shower, I told Megan, "As soon as you finish your homework, take a bath. It would be nice if you were in the shower already by the time I get out of mine." She said ok. I showered. She was in the shower when I came out of my room. If that situation had involved Tripp instead of Megan, things would have worked differently. When I finished my shower, he wouldn't have been in the bath. He might not even have finished his homework. Hell, he might not have even started his homework. And, if I called him on it, his response would be "Well, you didn't say I HAD to be in the bath by the time you were finished. You said it would be nice."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

boys rule. girls drool.

Anonymous said...

Makes sense to me. What's your point Linda?

Kara said...

lol, yup, sounds about right to me.

Angel said...

God, that is all so true.....Just like Bill Cosby, I have to tell my boys to take a bath, get wet in the bath, put soap on their body, rinse the soap off.....you get the point. My girl...never had to say a word.

Angel said...

God, that is all so true.....Just like Bill Cosby, I have to tell my boys to take a bath, get wet in the bath, put soap on their body, rinse the soap off.....you get the point. My girl...never had to say a word.