Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Magic Dust

Yesterday afternoon, I was playing football with Tripp. By "playing football," I mean that I stood on the deck and listened to him babble as he stands in the yard below, trying to throw the football over the railing. Anyway, yesterday he was babbling on, and said "Mama, guess what. Today at school, I got to touch some magic dust." My first thought was, "Oh shit. He's 6, and I already have to worry about drugs at school?" I asked him who had the magic dust. He said that it was on the fence. I asked what color it was, and he said that no one can see it except the teachers. Now I'm really confused, so I asked how he knew it was magic dust. Then he explained. During PE, the coach told all the kids that the fence at the far end of the playground had magic dust on it. The kids had to run to the fence, get some of the magic dust, and bring it back to the coach. I guess that works out a lot better than telling the kids "Just run to the fence and back. You need the exercise. Fatass."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the teacher was actually having the kids fetch his "blow" for him

Kara said...

I need some magic dust...shit