Thursday, May 18, 2006

Stereotypes

I know, stereotyping is bad. I shouldn't do it. But sometimes it just FITS. The kids are outside dancing. Evidently Megan and Ty-Eesha made up a dance at daycare. They're trying to teach it to two other girls. Racial makeup of the group is two black kids, one white kid and two mixed kids (white and black.) Three of the kids can flat dance. Two of them lack any sense of rhythm whatsoever. Can you guess who they are? It's Megan and one of the mixed kids. I guess that one got her lack of dancing ability from her white parent. Don't get me wrong, they can all do the dance. But the two rhythmless kids just look funny doing it. They're sometimes a beat or two off....and they always look stiff. The stereotype is true. White people can't dance.

1 comment:

chindi said...

I can definately contest to that, I can't hold a tune or rythem to save my life and frankly, neither can my kids.