Monday, July 31, 2006

The Kid Card

A few of my coworkers have commented that I "play the kid card" when I don't want to come to work. I absolutely do this. You see, it's ever so much more entertaining to stay at home with a bitchy child than to go to work. Especially when work equates to surfing, playing games, and watching funny video clips on youtube. I'm SO happy that, rather than reading all the comics in my daily rotation (which is my normal accomplishment by 9 am on work days,) I've cleaned the kitchen and dining area completely and done a couple of loads of laundry.

Of course, that pretty much clears out my chores for the day. So I think I might go take a nap or read a book. One good thing about sick kids is that they sleep a lot. Right now, she's watching TV like Vince watches sports. To the casual observer, this style of TV viewing looks a lot like sleeping. However, I've been informed on multiple occasions that it is NOT sleeping. I'm gonna go help her watch TV now. Enjoy your work day!

3 comments:

Miss Devylish said...

Ugh.. so jealous!

Anonymous said...

for the record, i was NOT one of the co-workers.

Anonymous said...

umm...you go ahead and 'wake me up' from my 'nap' and I can still tell you what down, how many yards to go and the freakin' score so get back in the kitchen and take those shoes off