Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Wedding Planning

We've been stepping up the wedding planning activities. For us, this means we've actually mentioned it to each other. Deciding to have a teeny little ceremony, including only a bride, groom, maid of honor, best man and some guy to take the video/photos has made a lot of the work disappear...but there is still work to be done. I decided that one of the first things to do was to finalize WHERE we're going to have the ceremony. A few months back, I called Thornewood Castle. The woman I talked to was pretty helpful. I described what I had in mind, and she told me that for what we wanted to do, we could reserve some area of the grounds or castle for an hour for a price of $500. That seemed decent enough to me, especially for such a beautiful place in need of no decorating on my part, but at that time, I had no idea of when the wedding might take place.

Today I called again, in hopes of making an appointment to see the place and then reserve our time. But no. The cum drunk whore that I talked to today says that they do NOT reserve anything at the castle for that length of time. She says that if I want to film a wedding there, I have to pay for the full 6 hours, as well as all the chairs and tables for the 100 guest wedding party...you know, the ones who won't be in attendance. And the full 6 hours? $4,500 on a Saturday. Only $3,500 on Sunday, though. Who the hell decided that weddings should be expensive? The court house route is looking more and more attractive with every day that passes.

2 comments:

Miss Devylish said...

Those ppl like to say that they're generous and nice and they're going to will the estate to the city or state when they die or something crazy like that.. but they're total money-hungry whores who are afraid of alcohol. Be grateful they turned you down. They're not nice.

Kara said...

oh hell no, i wouldve been pissed. thats the place they filmed Rose Red (stephen king) at. Check out the Bears Lair Bed and Breakfast in gig harbor. they have a website....looks like a lovely place to get married. Don't do the courthouse..please, icky people sleep in the bathrooms...