Tuesday, April 10, 2007

How They Screw You

On Sunday, I washed my cell phone with the laundry. On Monday (April 9,) I went to the Sprint store to get a new phone. After I picked the phone that I wanted, the guy started the long, drawn-out process of selling it to me.

Sprint guy: "Do you realize that if you wait until May 1, you get another $75 off?"

Me: "Yes, but I washed my phone yesterday, so I need a new phone today."

Sprint guy: "That's $75 just for waiting a few more weeks."

Me: "A few weeks is a long time to have no phone."

Sprint guy: "I just want you to be aware that you're missing out on that $75."

Me: "Consider me informed."

Then the Sprint guy clicks around on his computer for a few minutes, calls his supervisor over, asks why the phone is ringing up at the wrong price. She points out to him that there's an extra $75 being deducted, because my upgrade period is only a few weeks away. At this point, I should not have said "Well, well. Looks like I was misinformed about the discounts available."

No comments: