Saturday, April 29, 2006

Making Cookies

This morning, Don wanted to make cookies. So he got out the cookie dough, pressed it into shapes and put them on a pan. I baked the cookies, then set them aside to cool. Approximately 30 minutes later, Don came to me crying (I know, so out of character for him.) Evidently Megan and her friends had eaten all the cookies he made....then replaced them with Playdoh cookies. They went as far as using Playdoh in the same colors and shapes. Looks like we'll be going to the store later to buy more cookie dough. Using Megan's money.

And an update: We bought cookie dough. A pack for Don and a pack for Megan. Megan and her friends decided they wanted to cook theirs with no help from me. I told them that they could do everything up to taking them out of the oven. So a little while later, they tell me that it's time for the cookies to come out. And out they come. Every barely-warm-no-where-near-baked inch of the cookie/cake goodness. I asked them what they were thinking. They said that they wanted a cake, so they just left it all together. Then they argued about whether they should cook it longer or eat it like it is. I made a compromise. I offered to separate the blob-o-cookie, then let them eat what wouldn't fit on the pan. I have faith that one of these days, the children will realize there is no need to cook the cookie dough at ALL. *sniff* That will be a proud day in motherhood.

1 comment:

Miss Devylish said...

Ahh.. they grow so fast.