Friday, April 28, 2006

Don

Not long ago, my son announced to me that he doesn't want to be called "Tripp" anymore. Since Tripp is a nickname, I assumed that he was telling me that he wants to be called by his given name. Of course, he might prefer a shortened version, so I decided to ask for clarification.

Me: Do you mean you want to be called William now?
The boy: No.
Me: No? How about Bill or Billy or maybe Will?
The boy: No. I want to be called Don.
Me: Don?
The boy: Yeah, Don.

Ok...so he's chosen a random name and decided that it is suits him. Not a big deal, let's move on to other things.

Me: Ok, Don. You need a haircut. Do you want to go today?
Don: Yeah. Can they make me bald?
Me: Bald?
Don: Bald. But not bald all over. Just on top, with some hair left around the edges. Like Mr. Kinsiati at school.

Ok....we're pushing the boundaries of normal now. They were already kinda stretched out of shape, but every day we get a little closer to breaking them.

3 comments:

Miss Devylish said...

I was waiting for Don to tell you he likes to wear girls' clothing. You know that's coming next. With his new hairdo and his name.. You should do it for him.. I bet his teachers would get a kick out of it.

Kara said...

LOL, that would be so funny if you did it....
come see my new design on the blog....

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! cancun hotel and resort American express sears canada spam filter Business life florida insurance small a bad debt How to settle personal debts debt free companies zoloft weight gain Lightowler johnson associates incorporate medical device patent Does fluoxetine contain opiates Put debt on one card Kv pneumatic vibrators singapore Zocor side effects ratings and patient comments Interest only mortgages mn Forum capital securities llc